If you’re ready to book a boat on BoatRental, you can send a request to the boat owner to book a reservation. If you are not sure about the listing or its availability, you can also send a message to the owner.
To send a reservation request:
1. On a listing, click 'Request to Book'.
- If you see 'Instant Book' or 'Book Now', the owner is allowing you to book their boat instantly.
- Your reservation will be automatically confirmed after completing the required steps.
2. Review your reservation details to make sure everything is correct.
3. Add your payment details.
4. Agree to the policies and terms, including the owner’s cancellation policy and boat rules.
5. Wait for the boat owner’s feedback. The owner has 24 hours to reply, but most reply within a few hours.
Some owners require that you complete the Verified ID process before confirming a reservation, which allows the owner to get more information about who they’re renting the boat to.
If your request is accepted, you’ll be charged in full for the reservation. If the owner declines the request or doesn’t respond within 24 hours, no charge is made and you can book those dates with someone else.